Source - The live webcast on this topic by Oracle. Here are the updates -
New features in 11gR2 PS2 release -
1) Cloud Access Portal - a web based application has been added in PS2 release which will enable admins to manage SaaS based cloud applications.
- The login to each application will be using SSO , form-fill technologies & federation capabilities.UI adapts to various form factors.
- OAM Protects the resources
- When clicked on apps , redirection to logjn page with form fill and auto login.
2)Session Management features in Oracle Privileged Account Manager (OPAM) -
OPAM is a whole new set of functionality focused on managing administrative passwords for applications, databases and operating systems.
This heavily leverages features and concepts from Oracle's Bitzer acquistion . This is a MAM (Mobile Application Management) solution.
- The onus is on application centric security as opposed to device centric security.
- Introduces a new concept called the Secure Mobile Workspace which containerizes all corporate applications with a single login .
- Builds on the BYOD concept where in employees can use their personal devices / phablets to access corporate apps/data.
- Fine grained policy control using Oracle Mobile Access/Admin Console with new features like geo-fencing , time-bound access to workspace etc.
- Enterprise wide Identity management solution is extended to mobile devices
- Oracle API Gateway (OAG) support for RESTful IdM services.
- DLP Support
- Core apps for Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes.
- Adds strong authentication features for SSO enabled apps
- Uses changing PIN every 30 seconds for registered apps
- Integration with OAM
- Available on Android and iOS
5) Improved & fully integrated OAuth 2.0 Support for authorization -client , server , 2 legged or 3 legged authorization.
6) Automated IdM Suite install
- 2 hours for single node , 8 hours for 8 node HA cluster.
- Patching support
- Standard builds
- No additional license needed , feature is supposedly OTB using Wizards and components to be installed can be configured.
General 11gR2 IdM strategy from Oracle
To provide a unified Identity Management platform for Cloud , Enterprise and Mobile Applications.
OMSS Webcast -
Link to this webcast
P.S. Source of images Oracle Webcast , intention only to share the information.