With the release of Identity & Access Management suite 11g R2 PS2 (188.8.131.52.0), Oracle has released a new deployment tool to automate the installation and configuration of products related to the IAM suite.
This tool is named Oracle Identity and Access Management Deployment Wizard.
Key insights –
- Installs & Configures - OIM , OAM , OUD , OHS , Webgates etc.Also creates basic Users & groups in OUD , configures OUD as Identity store for OAM.
- You will need to download a completely separate set of software for this. The normal Identity & Access Management suite download packages won’t work.If you go to Oracle Download page for 184.108.40.206.0, here, you will see at the bottom a section for the Deployment Repository
- This 12GB package contains everything you will need: The IAM Suite, RCU, WebLogic, JDK, WebTier, WebGate (11g), SOA, OUD, and of course, the Deployment Wizard.
- If everything goes well, it will take approximately 6 hours to do everything. If this seems long, keep in mind that it’s installing OAM,OIM,OUD , configuring them, integrating OIM and OAM, setting up LDAPSync, SSL enabling some components, configuring OHS with Webgate, configures WebLogic Authentication Providers, performs some light performance tuning, does OUD reconciliation
- Supports both Single Node & HA configurations.