Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) was launched on June 30 , 2014.
It is Oracle's latest mobile platform to develop hybrid mobile applications(which run on device and are built using web technologies like Java/ADF) and can be deployed to iOS & Android platforms.
It is basically an extension of ADF Mobile with a few additional features -
- Ability to develop using multiple IDE Tools like Eclipse(OEPE*) besides Jdeveloper.
- Additional AMX* components (totally 80 now) to develop mobile applications & provide a rich look & feel.
- Newly suppported ADF DVT* components like Sunburst & Timeline.[Demos]
- Supoort for Apache Cordova Plugins .
- Support for O-Auth & web-SSO for Security.
- Complete integration with Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS) which is a part of Oracle IDM.
- Available Jdeveloper 12.1.3 onwards.
- Migration of existing ADF Mobile Applications is easy , just open application in new Jdeveloper !
- Licensing for Oracle MAF is now seperate ( per user per app or unlimited users per app).
- Higher reusability using Feature Archives (FARs) & custom components.
- Support for HTML5 and Javscript development.
Architecture ( Source : Oracle )
Introduction video & videos for developers (by Grant Ronald)
* DVT - Data Visualization Components (Graphs/Charts etc)
* OEPE - Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
* AMX - ADF Mobile XML