About Enterprise User Security (EUS)
- Enterprise User Security (EUS) is a way of integrating Oracle Database with LDAP compliant directory server like Oracle Internet Directory (OID) or Microsoft AD
so that database Users , Passwords & Roles can be centrally managed in a LDAP Directory Server.
- Belongs to Database Security category of the IdM stack.
- Offers low costs & centralized authentication.
- Increases security & compliance.
- No data migration needed , clients continue to use existing directories.
- Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) has a EUS Adapter and EUS Plugins OOTB.
- The LDAP Directory (OID or AD or Novell or Sun eDirectory) needs to be setup for EUS.
- The Oracle Database/s need to be EUS enabled using NETCA & DBCA utility.
- The Database/s can be logged into using a centralized EUS User/s later.
- Kerberos authentication can be enabled to do native authentication for SQL clients like sql plus & SQL Developer.
- EUS DataSheet with Architecture
- Enterprise User Security Guide
- Integrating Enterprise Security with AD
- Oracle Whitepaper
- Atul Kumar’s Blog
- How To Configure EUS with OVD 18.104.22.168 and Active Directory - AD (Doc ID 1449132.1)
- Expected Issues - How To Avoid Extending The Active Directory Schema With extendAD For OVD-OID-AD-EUS 11g Integration? (Doc ID 1159337.1)